Saturday, September 15, 2012

24.08.12 the Last Class


24.
Our last class! the course made a whirlwind accounting of the most recent two hundred years. Line of the day: “Napoleon! Um...Long story short: He lost”. I think we may have skimmed over some important details here and there. Class was held like the Beller book, just rapid fire information. But I’ve just had a course that spanned 1789 to 1914, so I was used to most of that information. I’m surprised in the Parsons book that it seems to be almost pro-Metternich. Things he tries are done because he has to follow the king’s wishes. From the little history I know, I find Metternich responsible for drastically holding back Austria, to catastrophic results. The 1800’s would have been far more stable had he, instead of being reactionary, been more open minded to policies of nationalism. Instead he created a police state, quashed intellectual debate, and suffocated a nation.
After class was held, Ben, Cole, Jackie and I headed to CNA to look at lederhosen. I was unsure of whether I would want to buy any until I tried the black lederhosen on. And once I realized the front flap opens up for men to relieve themselves...I was sold. It may be the most expensive purchase I have made out here in Europe, but I regret nothing.
As soon as I got home I changed into them, and surprised AJ and Sean. It was a look of pure beauty, and heading out into the town at night, out to the Danube’s clubs, was a complete success. 

Word of the Day: die Nachrichten - the News
Jeder Morgen lese ich die Nachrichten. Meine Lieblingsnachricthenquelle ist BBC, aber ich sollte ein gutes Blog finden.

No comments:

Post a Comment